The musty mattress restoration process usually needs to be performed in case the mattress has been kept in storage for a longer period. Over the course of time, a stale and damp smell will start to linger in the mattress due to which it will not be possible to use it without performing an effective musty mattress restoration. Therefore, in this article, we will explain a process with the help of which people will be able to remove unbearable odor from their mattresses in a convenient manner using common household supplies.
Supplies required to perform the restoration process
A few supplies will be required in order to perform the musty mattress restoration and some of the important supplies are as follows:
- Baking soda powder: It is a highly effective material for removing musty smell from the mattresses and it is used commonly for this purpose. Therefore, an appropriate quantity of baking soda powder should be available depending upon the size of the mattress as well as the nature of the problem.
- Cleaning agent: An appropriate cleaning agent will help in providing the desired results. We recommend using vinegar solution for the purpose since it is available in households and highly effective in cleaning mattresses.
- Sponge: A sponge will be required in order to rub the surface of the mattress for cleaning stains and restoring the original look of the mattress.
Steps involved in the process to remove musty smell from mattress
The process of restoring mattresses should be performed in a careful manner so that it does not affect the material of the mattress or reduce its elasticity. Appropriate and good quality materials should be used for performing the process in order to achieve better results. Some of the steps involved in musty mattress restoration are as follows:
- In the first step, properly dry the mattress under fresh air and sunlight. This will help remove the moisture content present in the mattress.
- Now, spread baking soda powder on all parts of the mattress so that it can remove odor present in the mattress. Let the baking soda powder perform its action for an appropriate period before cleaning it.
- The next time, wash the mattress with the help of a small quantity of water and apply the cleaning agent on the areas of the mattress, which are highly affected.
- Now, with the help of a sponge, rub different areas of the mattress in order to remove stains present on the surface of the mattress. Continue the rubbing process until a clean look of the mattress starts to appear.
- In the end, wash the mattress again with the help of a small quantity of water and let it dry for a few hours in the open air.